Friday, September 28, 2012

The good stuff

This is what I was waiting for. This 9-12 month time. Titus is has been cruising the furniture for a few weeks. He shrieks with laughter, he likes to be tickled and might tickle back. He wants to try new foods. He is also a very naughty little man. He likes nothing more than to grab out computers, ipods, cell phones, remote controls and eat them. Smash them! He pulled a fake log out of the gas fireplace the other day. He discovered that the kitchen cupboards and drawers open and shut. He found to his delight and amazement, that the toilets are full of water. He will scream like a banshee if you take him away from what he wants. He kicks and growls too. Still, this is what I have been waiting for. The end of the newborn / helpless baby phase and the dawn of the interactive toddler.

I think that he loves us almost as much as we love him. He certainly adores his 5 year old foster brother.

I am actually looking forward to the holidays this year. Last year was miserable. I had  postpartum depression and anxiety and could hardly function. I still have to fight off the ppd funk but things are a thousand times better. I feel so lucky.

This is the good stuff and it is so good that we want to try to give sweet Titus a sibling.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, that last sentence blew me away, lol! So glad things are going so well with Titus:). It does get easier as they get older for sure! Although I would say that Jax is far from easy right now with his constant tantrums, but we'll save that for another day, lol! So, another baby, huh? Exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith, the operative word is try. No idea how that will play out at this point. :) Im sure Jax is a perfect angel.

    ReplyDelete