Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Staying

Court was interesting today. No private adoption will take place, as Dad is still out of the state.

Plan is return to parent, as it has to be for DHS to establish how mentally ill Mom really is and build a case for her not being fit to parents. This will probably take a year. Caseworker said that Ellie will be here a long time and confirmed that she is not being allowed to place her with the siblings. No word on future plans as far as the sibs go. Perhaps they will clear that family for 3 under 3 eventually. My step mom who works for the agency says that she suspects that there is something about that family that I dont know yet. A reason for them not to have made an exception and placed Ellie there anyhow. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.  I feel comfortable buying her a new car seat ( she has been using Titus') and fixing up the foster nursery all girly. His room needs a bit of attention too. He has no closet so he needs a wardrobe. She has a closet but could use a chest of drawers. Both need a book case and a toy chest. In the market for a used double stroller but not the god awful graco one that I got for the twins. We still have it but it is a beast. Hurts my back to push it. The newer models are probably less bulky.

I have a short video of Titus growling which I will try to post in the next day or so.

I am trying to line up some helpers so that I only have to be alone all day with both kiddies one day a week,, until this trying newborn phase is over. Once I can sleep a solid 6 hours a night things will get SO much easier. Im used to taking care of lots of kids at once. The twins and the girls primed me for that. I also used to nanny for little ones very close in age.

Quite possible that I will have a 13 month old and a 7 month old in my home come Christmas.  I wonder how mobile they will be? 

1 comment:

  1. The system moves too slow for these little ones. Even though we have research and laws that are catching up with early childhood science - it seems the judges and child welfare agencies still like to make it up as they go! Grrrr! Anyway, so glad she is with YOU and that you will keep her as long as possible so that this sweet thing does not have to endure traumatic losses so early over and over again!

    Let's see at 13 months old - Titus MAY be walking, but certainly will be cruising and I suspect at 7 months old Ellie will be scooching, army crawling or some version of getting around. Fun, fun:)!

    It is hard during this newborn phase, that's for sure. I did not have anyone to help, we have no family around. BUT, I did pay someone to clean my house every couple of weeks so I could just focus on the babies - since that was all I could do anyway, lol!

    I want to see that video of Titus:).

    ReplyDelete