Thursday, May 3, 2012

To my blog friend, Faith..

I thought of you yesterday hen I got a call from DHS asking my family pick up a newborn baby from the hospital Thursday evening. I thought of you often as I tossed and turned last night. If I remember right, your son was 6 months old when your daughter arrived. I wonder how on earth you made it work.

We said yes to this little baby. Who's parents have lots of issues and who already has 3 siblings who are either in foster care or already adopted. Who has no other family to take her. They say she is healthy and not drug affected or exposed. Our hearts melted when the placement worker called.  We know anything could happen but they told us to be prepared for a long term placement. To go ahead and invest in a double stroller, a car seat , clothing. It sounds as if this is as likely to go to adoption as it possibly can be. We are excited and nervous, even if its just for a few days!

I can sleep when I am dead. Well seriously, I know I wont be sleeping much. I wouldn't be taking this on if Brian wasn't such an amazing, involved, engaged daddy. He does a huge amount of childcare.

Of course my car battery died the other day. Have to get that taken care of before I can pick her up tonight. I walked up to Ross and Walmart last night to get a few things. I gave away all the newborn stuff. She is 6.5 lbs so needs tiny things. she now has 5 sleepers, 4 pants, 6 onsies, 6 hats, receiving blankets, bottles, her own tub of similac, and a couple packages of newborn diapers. We already had a second nursery set up in anticipation of a toddler but she will sleep in our room in a bassinet at first.

Faith I would love to email or phone you in the coming weeks if you are OK with that. I have so many questions. I need a buddy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh hun, of course you can email or call me! It is really tough...but you can do it! And, yes, Jackson was 6 months old when Addison was born. I, too, look back on those days and wonder how I survived, lol. But I am proof that it can be done! Go ahead and email me and then I will also give you my phone number there...faithroof@hotmail dot com

    This sounds like an amazing situation for you and for baby girl. How exciting! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete